Monday, August 18, 2008

Making Your Blog Less Stressful to Manage

The hardest thing for me as an artist about blogging is the pressure of posting on a regular basis. I did two things to ease up some of that pressure. First, I brainstormed a bunch of ideas for each category that I write about (e.g., my work, artist tech tips, my site, etc.). Then, I used Excel to create a blank form with month, title and category headings. I took at least one of the ideas from the brainstorm list in each category and spread them out over a 12-month period (using a pencil). Some things, like my sneak peek at my home page photo, come up every month and were easy to assign. Of course, life is fluid and I’ve made many changes in that original plan. But, for the most part, I stick to it and manage to keep blogging and keep my sanity at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment