Tuesday, September 8, 2009

ASV Tour Draws A Crowd in Clinton Corners



Rather than clean out the barn, my husband suggested setting up a portable gallery under a rented tent for the Art Studio Views Labor Day tour. We had a few tense moments on Friday trying to figure out how to hang my photographs from the rented pipe and drape setup. Five trips to the hardware store and a lot of worrying on my part resulted in a simple, elegant solution involving chains, s-hooks and shower curtain rod hangars! It really looked beautiful (thanks Bill!). The weather was spectacular and a slight breeze drifted through as people wandered through the last 20 years of my photographs. My sister Margaret was such a huge help. She helped talk to people about my work and made tons of sales for me (my mom was her best customer!). I couldn't have dreamed up a better advocate. Her husband, Smitty, made delightful summer treats—heirloom tomatoes with celery on cucumber slices. I met many new neighbors and enjoyed talking at length to everyone, especially the handful of young aspiring artists and old family friend Jimmy Borghoff and his family. I was deeply touched by everyone's genuine interest in me and my work. Thank you all!

p.s. If you're wondering, I rented the tent from Paul Crittenden at Aladdin Tent 889-8547 in Hyde Park. He's wonderful to work with.

1 comment: