Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Insider’s Look: McDonald’s, March Americana Photo

On a road trip to visit the University of Rochester with our niece, we overnighted in Utica, New York. This vintage McDonald’s made me remember how they used to look before 42 oz. Cokes and super-sizing. I remember the first golden arches opening near us in the early ‘60s. We didn’t go, mind you, my mother didn’t approve of fast food. But it was a novelty to look at and to watch the number of burgers sold swell to ‘over 1 million,’ a number beyond my comprehension at the time. The first McDonald’s opened in Des Plaines, Illinois in 1955. Ronald McDonald, played by Willard Scott, was born in 1963.

Be the first to buy a McDonald’s print online, one of my Americana Collection, and get a 50% discount on the print size of your choice.

1 comment:

  1. Now, Molly, if you're in Utica, you've got to find your way over to Bleeker street and find the Florentine Pastry Shop.... the best italian pastries I've found anywhere, and that includes Brunos, etc, in NYC.

    ReplyDelete