Friday, May 30, 2008

I Love Baseball


Anyone who knows me will tell you. I love the slow rhythm, the simplicity of the rules, the fact that any player can be a hero one day and a goat the next. When I lived in NYC, I often went to Yankee stadium for two out of every three home games. Back then, the Yankees stank, so I could buy a ticket to the cheap seats and slip an usher a five and sit right up against the dugout. (Unfortunately, this was before I owned a camera.) My husband is a Braves fan. On the two occasions the Yankees played the Braves in the World Series, we had to watch in separate rooms.

Natural then, that when our son was old enough, we signed him up for teeball. He promptly told his coach he liked soccer better. Coach John accepted the challenge. When Ryley got his first hit from a pitched ball, John picked him up and ran him around the bases. At the end of the season, the team had the opportunity to run out on the field with the minor league Renegades. Each teeballer had his name announced to the crowd, each tipped his cap in reply. Ryley’s love for baseball was born that season. Thanks Coach!

This is my homepage photo for the month of June. Sorry this one’s not for sale.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Molly-
    Great photo! I can just picture the coach carrying Ryley around the bases. Miss you guys.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete