Thursday, February 26, 2009

Insider's Look: Prayer for Minnewaska


My Photo Stories
The sky, gray in sympathy, looked on as Indian maiden Minnewaska laid down mountain laurel in memory of her lost child.
Or…
As part of a full moon, equinox ceremony, the group of seven witches conducted a purification spell to purge the land of negative energy.
Or…
His first day on the job, Park Ranger Rob Gaston was horrified to see flames consuming the trees like matchsticks.
Or…what are your story ideas?

Behind the Photo
Last April a brush fire burned more than 3000 acres of forest in Minnewaska State Park. It has been one of my favorite places to hike and photograph since moving to this area. I was greatly saddened to see the charred remains of old growth forest.

Be the first to buy a Prayer for Minnewaska print and get a 50% discount on the size of your choice. This is my February 2009 home page photo, part of my Truths, Lies and Legends collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment