Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tag, You’re It!

Bloggers like to have loyal followers, but it’s easy to get lost among all the voices on the internet. One way to increase readership is to share your blog audience with other bloggers’ and vice versa. That’s just what Carol Lambert did when she tagged me. Carol paints found objects in her native Alaska and shares them on her blog. I met her some time ago through artscuttlebutt, a community for artists.

To follow the tagging procedure, I’m supposed to
1. put a link in my posting about the artist that tagged me
2. write 5 -7 unusual things about myself
3. tag 5 - 7 other bloggers and let them know.

Bloggers I Tagged
Sally Ahearn Nepotism is completely okay in cyberspace. My sister Sally is a writer and editor. Her blog offers helpful advice to writers from her own experience as well as many guest experts.

Donna Iona Drozda My cyber friend Donna is a very spiritual person and her paintings reflect a deep sense of thought and symbolism. She also inspires and guides others to reconnect with their own inner creativity. Her blog is always worth stopping by.

Cheryl McClure I also met Cheryl through the butt. A very successful professional artist, she uses color in a sensual way that draws me in every time.

Paul McCubbin I went to high school with Paul. When I first started my blog, he reentered my life by leaving me many helpful comments and suggestions for how to keep it going. He maintains several blogs, I like the Central Park Zoo blog best.

Deborah Mix Deborah is a talented illustrator and uses her skill to make all kinds of gift and craft items. Check out her needlepoint Santa!

Nadine Robbins Nadine’s portraits are so lifelike, many people mistake them for photographs. She’s halfway through her yearlong project to paint artistic couples, so look for a show announcement next year.

Unusual Things About Myself
1. I can still do a handstand.
2. I can whistle extremely loudly using my fingers.
3. I have been in every state in the country except Hawaii and Louisiana, two places I definitely plan to visit.
4. One weekend while my husband was out-of-town, I had a Home Depot employee sell me everything I needed and give me instruction on how to install tile in my bathroom shower. (My husband says I did a great job!)
5. Every year I get together with several girlfriends for Wild Women’s Weekend where we do secret things and laugh a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Molly,

    The power of The Internet is now at your disposal. Thanks for the shout out regarding my pet project at The Central Park Zoo.

    In my humble opinion, if you keep up your current blogging pace (at least once a week), you will expand your influence beyond your wildest dreams.

    Please don't let anyone or anything hold you back, as you and Bill and Ryley are among the Best and Brightest.

    Your photos are always welcome with credit at the New York City Zoos, Parks, and Aquariums. This I can make happen because I accept no money. It all comes down to the fact that I Love NY.

    Peace.

    Yankees in 2009!

    Your pal,

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly,
    I've also tagged you but since you've already been tagged...consider yourself covered. Have a good one!
    Steven

    ReplyDelete