Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 Photo Contest Winner

As a way to highlight the work of other photographers, I started a photo contest on my website this year. Instead of being judged in the traditional way by one judge, the winner of my contest was selected by visitors to my site, blog and anyone else who heard about it. The work was of a very high caliber and extremely varied. Congratulations to all 20 photographers! It's not too early to start thinking about the 2009 contest. Keep checking my site for details.

The winning photograph was taken by Nadine Robbins! A Tribute to Norman Rockwell.

The second place winner was: Dave Clarke of Scotland with an outstanding black-and-white image.


The third place winner was: Tracy Sofka of Poughkeepsie! Gorgeous blue jewels.

2 comments:

  1. this is such a grand idea. I am particularly struck by the beauty of the morning glories...such a terrific angle.
    Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you will do another contest. I will make sure I vote this time...oops! Love this idea. Local talent getting more exposure.
    This reminds me of the New Yorker magazine contest where readers choose the best caption for cartoons that have been submitted to magazine.

    ReplyDelete