Friday, September 19, 2008

Truth, Lies and Legends


I’ve had second thoughts about the title of my latest collection. Last week I released, Fried Eggs, the first in that series. The working title I’d been using, Absence or Presence? Just doesn’t describe the project or enhance it in any way. As readers of my blog, you get to witness all my successes—and my missteps. So, I’ve renamed the collection “Truths, Lies and Legends.”

My intention has always been to make the viewer an active part of these images. To get them started, each photograph will be accompanied by a few storylines I invent. Paper and pencils will be available for people to write their own storyline ideas, constantly enhancing the exhibit. Why is a bicycle in the middle of a country road with its wheel spinning under a threatening sky? Little Stevie was riding up and down his driveway one crisp, Autumn Saturday morning, and carelessly abandoned his bike when a huge snapping turtle began crossing the road. Or, 5-year-old Susie was hit by her license-free, 16-year-old neighbor, Cal, who had taken his father’s old truck out for a joy ride. Or, a tornado came through whirling and spinning the little red bike thousands of feet into the air and dropped it harshly onto the pavement five miles away.

Love to hear feedback on this. What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. great shot - you captured the moment; whatever that moment may be which is part of what makes an interesting shot - leaving a part of the story untold.

    ReplyDelete