Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Will Babe’s Ghost Move?


The Yankees played their final game in Yankee stadium Sunday night. A sad day to be sure. I love that place. When I lived in the city I often took the D train uptown. The team was horrendous back then and tickets easy to find. For four bucks I could buy a cheap seat and slip an usher a couple more dollars to sit front row along the field. Dave Winfield (I used to call him Legs) was my favorite player.

To celebrate my brother’s birthday, my parents treated the family to one of the last games played at the stadium. For me, a lot of what makes the place is the characters that fill it. They’ll definitely move next door when the new stadium doors open in April, but will the ghosts of Yankee greats float over? We’ll have to wait and see.



No comments:

Post a Comment